1970 Dodge Coronet SuperBee Description
This Super Bee is located 20 miles south of Washington DC.
Originally an 383HP automatic column shift (I still have all the column shift components) bench seat car, but has since been converted to a 4-speed with a Hurst Pistol Grip factory shifter. The hood is a genuine Air Grabber hood with functional hood scoops and factory hood pins. While not installed, I do have the components which are included in this sale (all duct work in good condition and air cleaner).
Currently has a 440 Big Block with a A833 4 speed, also still has the original 8 3/4 differential with the 3.55 Suregrip. It has the large drum brakes as it should with the Super Bee.
- KYB shocks
- Rear leaf springs replaced with Mopar Performance XHD springs with Polygraphite bushings, this also included new shackles and U-bolts.
- The front end has not been rebuilt but I did upgrade many components such as torsion bars are upgraded to 1.12" which makes it ride and handle better without being harsh (I have original torsion bars if you want them).
- I also upgraded the steering box with one from Firm Feel (level II box).
- At the same time I put the fast ratio Firm Feel pitman arm and idler arm to quicken up the steering, nice upgrade.
- It has the Mopar Performance electronic ignition package with Orange ignition box.
- When I upgraded the ignition I bought a whole new engine wiring harness with the electronic ignition wiring already built in so it looks like factory.
- The only light which does not work is the left front marker light.
- The 440 has been rebuilt at some point before I got it, .030 on the bore and 10/10 on the crank.
- It has a high volume oil pump and good timing chain set.
- This is a low compression motor, probably 9.5 to 1.
- The motor was out of a 1969 Charger R/T (HP2 motor).
- It has a large old school Crane hydraulic cam in it with a fair amount of duration so it has a nice lump to it.
- It has Hedman Headers flowing into a factory X-pipe with quiet factory style mufflers leading out the back to factory exhaust tips.
- It currently has a Holley Street Dominator intake with a 750cfm four corner adjust Demon carburetor (mechanical secondaries).
- It has a set of Crane roller rockers under a set of Mopar performance chrome valve covers.
- The clutch is a Centerforce dual friction clutch.
- The transmission shifts good but it probably need a synchro in first gear.
- Currently it does not have the Amp meter in the dash as I sent it out for refurbishment and haven't got it put back in as of yet.
- The factory Tic-Toc-Tach is currently not hooked up.
- It has an Autometer Tach and oil pressure gauge installed currently.
- Interior carpet has been replace since I owned it (17 years).
- The front seat is not the original but I do have an original front bench but it would need a total refurbishment.
Exterior other notes
- Tail panel in good shape.
- Grilles in good shape.
- Bumpers in good shape.
- Trim is in good shape.
- Floor pans are rock solid and the only other rust spot is on the right side frame outboard of the torsion bar where it collected road salt, not large at all.
- Front and rear frames rock solid and no rust.
Wheel & Brakes
- All fuel lines have been replaced with Fine Lines stainless steel lines.
- All brake shoes and wheel cylinders have been replaced but the master cylinder is the original.
- It currently has American Racing Torque Thrust D wheels on it but the original Road wheels are included and in the trunk.
Parts not installed, but inclued
- Fan shroud is not currently on it but included.
- I will add more pictures later of the trunk rust, replacement floor, bench seat, and also the Air Grabber parts.
- I also have a set of XV Engineering frame connectors and lower radiator support which I never got installed.
VIN Decode as follows:
W = Dodge Coronet / Charger
M = Medium, Super Bee
23 = 2 Door Hardtop
N = 383 330HP OR 335HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
0 = 1970
G = St. Louis, MO, USA
105521 = 5520th Vehicle
Fender Tag Decode as follows:
Medium, Super Bee
2 Door Hardtop
N0G: 383 330HP OR 335HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
St. Louis, MO, USA
105521: Sequence number
E63: 383 cid 4 barrel V8 H.P. 335hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
EB5: Bright Blue Metallic Exterior Color
H2B7: Trim - High, Vinyl Bench Seat, Blue
EB7: Medium Blue Metallic Int. Door Frames
814: Build Date: August 14
048213: Order number
EB5: Bright Blue Metallic Top Color
A36: Performance Axle Package w/3.55 Ratio
J25: 3 Speed Wipers
J45: Hood Tie Down Pins
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M31: Belt Moldings
N96: Fresh Air Hood
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V6W: Longitudinal Stripes, White
26: 26in Radiator
Many more photos here: http://blaster11.smugmug.com/Other/SuperBee