1953 MG TD Estate Sale Find
- The original owner replaced a blown XPAG engine with a Morris Garages Engine Branch Gold Seal replacement XPEG 1500 unit. The block and head are XPEG certified, when delivered, the owner just bolted on his original 1-1/4" S.U. Carbs and oil pan.
- The body is solid as is the wood. You can stand on the running boards and bounce with no problem. The front quarter panel dog legs under the running boards both have rust issues, however a new set of sheet metal skinsis provided with the car to replace both left and right quarter panels.
- Thecar had nobumpers when purchased, however a new set of Moss bumpers will be included plus two used over-riders and the mounting brackets to bolt them to the car.
- The car includes a complete Moss conversion Chrome wheel kit 15" x 4.5" -60 spoke for tubeless tires. (Moss #111-348)Chrome rims, stainless steel spokes, new brake drums, new hubs and spinners including the spare tire mounting hub and spinner. Original cost over $3,400.00, Current Moss price is$3,585.00. The kit is still new in box, never mounted.
- Interior is clean with good carpet and leather seats, the dash has been replaced with an aftermarket machine turned stainless steel dash and glove box door. The original green rexine covered dash will be included with the car.
- Engine turns freely with the hand crank. Pistons have been oiled regularly. Engine is currently not running.
- Optional equipment available but not included with the sale is: 1.British Wiring braid/braid loom with sub dash harness. 2. Crane standard grind wide lobed camshaft with a set of lifters crowned and modified by Delta cam to insure lifter rotation. 3. 1-1/2" intake manifold to update the engine for 1-1/2" S.U. Carbs. These items are not included with the car but are negotiable as separate add on options. There are numerous other new items available for negotiation after the basic sale.
- The previous owner had installed an aftermarket heater in the car and it is still in place. Thus explaining all the hose connections on the engine for water feed and return to the heater.
- I have more pictures available upon request of most any area you wish to see. The car presents a solid platform for a complete restoration or just bringing it up to a daily driver condition. In my opinion, the engine is due for an overhaul. I pulled a couple lifters and they are pitted indicating that the camshaft is probably seeing similar wear. A complete brake job is in order as well.
- The car may be inspected in person or by an authorized representative only by agreement and in tune with my schedule by appointment only.
- Feel free to ask any questions orrequest additionaldetailed pictures.
- The car is for sale locally as well, I reserve to right to end this listing at any time.
- Pick up and/or arrangement of shipping is solely the responsibility of the buyer.
- A $500.00 non-refundable deposit is required immediately via PayPal after the sale with final payment balance to be by a certified Bank or Cashiers check. No personal checks, no money orders and no cash payment of the balance will be accepted. Final payment must clear my bank before pick up.
On Apr-26-16 at 11:21:48 PDT, seller added the following information:
- The frame is solid, a ball peen hammer has been used to tap the frame completely. Surface rust only, looks as if it may have been sprayed with undercoating at one time.